The infinity-like sign in our logo represents two hands clasping each other – yours and ours. It symbolizes the solid partnership that we seek to build with you. The perpetual motion reflects our commitment to continue innovating to keep abreast of your evolving needs.
Our goal is to continue providing a unique banking experience that you will find rewarding. We will do this by being personal and proactive, exerting every effort to know you better so we can anticipate your needs and address them fully.
UCPB is a leading provider of financial products and services to corporations, private and government institutions, middle market companies, small– and medium-sized businesses, and individuals in the Philippines.
Established in 1963, UCPB was the first private Philippine bank to become a universal bank, obtaining its expanded commercial banking license in 1981.
Today, the Bank and its subsidiaries operate nationwide delivering a full range of expanded commercial banking services to a highly diversified clientele. It has strong capabilities in consumer finance, commercial credit, corporate and investment banking, trust banking, domestic and international trade finance, treasury and money market investment, cash management and deposit services.
UCPB has always been at the forefront of customer service innovations. It was among the first banks to introduce an ATM service in the late 1980s. It has since expanded its electronic banking capability with internet banking and mobile banking facilities.
With a multi-channel service delivery network consisting of 188 branches, over 300 ATMs, electronic banking facilities, UCPB has the capability to meet clients’ needs anywhere in the country, and provide certain critical services 24/7.
UCPB is a key player in countryside development as well. UCPB-CIIF Finance and Development Corp. and UCPB-CIIF Foundation, UCPB’s development arms, implement various credit programs and community-building activities in the country’s 64 coconut provinces to uplift the quality of life of people living in coconut communities. Since 1995, the UCPB-CIIF Finance Development Corp. has released over P9.3 billion in loans to coconut farmers and their wives, and has also provided numerous trainings to them. The UCPB-CIIF Foundation, on the other hand, has given scholarship grants to over 3,000 children of coconut farmers to help alleviate their status in life. The program has produced 166 honor graduates, consisting of two summa cum laude, 13 magna cum laude and 151 cum laude graduates. These programs are aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals to provide access to quality and inclusive education to all, to end poverty, and to promote good health and well-being.
UCPB is also implementing one of the most successful private reforestation initiative on a 33.3-hectare site in Antipolo City. It is fully reforested and was declared a “Model Reforestation Site” by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The UCPB-CIIF Reforestation Program garnered the “Most Outstanding Award for Environmental Excellence” at the annual Asian Corporate Social Responsibility Conference in 2004 and the “Asian Banking Award for Best Environmental Project” in Asia in 1999.
To be the bank of choice of the middle and consumer markets by providing personal and proactive service and innovative products.
- We will continue to provide personal and proactive service that effectively responds to the diverse and dynamic needs of our clients.
- We will continually enhance the customer experience through efficient and convenient service delivery.
- We will continue to provide relevant, innovative and value-adding products and services.
- We will maintain and promote a culture of professionalism, integrity and excellence and social responsibility among our employees.
- We will consistently produce superior financial returns for our stakeholders.
- Generate innovative solutions in work situations
- Think expansively. Combine ideas in unique ways or make connections between disparate ideas, explore different lines of thought, view situations from multiple perspectives, brainstorm multiple approaches / solutions
- Challenge paradigms. Identify assumptions in the way problems or situations are presented, see alternative ways to look at problems or situations
- Do continuous improvements / implement effective improvements. Test solutions; gather feedback on effectiveness; review impact of baseline measures; modify solutions as appropriate to ensure effectiveness
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment
- Quickly modify behavior to deal effectively with changes in the work environment
- Readily try on new approaches appropriate for new or changed situations
- Look at change and new situations as opportunities for learning and growth
- Demonstrate honesty, keep commitments, behave in a consistent manner
- Consider fairness/ equality in actions and decisions
- Show accountability by being able to explain, clarify and justify actions
- Observe transparency by being willing and able to provide clear information about work, actions and decisions.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives
- Act promptly in routine situations
- Respond quickly when confronted with a problem or when made aware of a situation
- Seek information to understand customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations and needs
- Implement new ideas or potential solutions without prompting, not waiting for others to act or request action
- Take action that goes beyond job requirements to achieve objectives
- Take opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments
- Set high standards of performance
- Assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
- Self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Ensure work output is of high quality
- Strive to continuously improve one’s work
- Establish good interpersonal relationships
- Support others
- Listen with empathy and seek to understand others
- Support and encourage others; build their self-esteem
- Cooperate with others and bea team player
We endeavor to build enduring relationships by understanding your needs so we can act in your best interest and make you feel valued through our warm, attentive service and genuine care.
We take the initiative in helping you without waiting to be asked but rather finding out what you need. By thinking ahead and using the knowledge of your needs, we provide you with products, services and information which you value.
|Annual Reports||Awards and Recognitions|
|Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)||Subsidiaries and Affiliates|
|UCPB Board of Directors||Advisory Council|
|Senior Management||Corporate Governance|
|Annual Procurement Plan||Citizen’s Charter|