When you issue or receive checks, please make sure that the dates are in the proper date format to avoid non-payment or return of checks.
Please make sure that the MONTH, DAY AND YEAR are clearly stated and identifiable. Dates with vague format or those that may cause conflict between the numbers, should be avoided.
|Write the full date||✓ November 3, 2018
✓ Nov. 3, 2018
|Use the correct punctuation marks||✓ Nov. 03, 2018
The above is to reiterate the memorandum issued by the Philippine Clearing House Corporation (PCHC) OM No. 18-021 in April 16, 2018 regarding the Uniform Interpretation of Date on Checks, enumerating the various acceptable formats and styles of writing decks on checks.
In addition, the PCHC has also issued OM No. 18-022, enumerating the various technical defects that will make checks unacceptable for clearing:
- Post-dated Checks
- Stale dated Check – presented for deposit on the 180th day or more from its date of issue, except Manager’s/Cashier’s Check, Gift or Dividend Check.
- Out of date (i.e. February 30, 2017), Missing Date or Incomplete Date
- 3rd Presentment
- Amount in words and figures differ
- Documentary Stamp missing (for peso-converted foreign denominated draft)
- Validity restricted (printed on the face of the Check)
- Previously Negotiated / Cancelled Check
- With alteration, smudges / stains (on the face of the Check which includes the date, payee, amount in figures / words, account number, account name, check number and MICR characters)
- Missing Payee
- No amount in figures
- No amount in words (except for bank issued MCs, CCs and DDs)
- Missing Drawer Signature
- Payee line indicates:
- Customer Name and Cash
- Customer Name and/or Cash
- Business Name or Cash
- Business Name and/or Cash
- Government Agency and/or Cash
For complete information on the check clearing procedures , please visit our website: www.ucpb.com/cics.
For inquiries or concerns, you may get in touch with your UCPB maintaining branch or contact our Customer Relations Center at (+632) 811-9111 or email@example.com.