Published as of January 15, 2018
This UCPB Data Privacy Statement (DPS) is issued in accordance with the Philippine Republic Act No. 10173 – Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), and its implementing rules and regulations. This statement aims to inform customers and business partners of what and how customer information are collected; how customer data will be used, disclosed, shared, retained and disposed; how to view, change, or withdraw personal information; and to reiterate customer rights under the DPA as subjects of these data.
Customer privacy is of utmost importance to us. At UCPB we are committed to safeguard your personal and account information, protect them from data corruption, compromise or loss, ensure information security, and use them only as you would want us to, or as law allows.
When doing business at UCPB, we obtain various information about you through different means — during your visits to our branches/offices or interacting with our employees and authorized representatives, when availing of our products or services, when filling out our bank forms and product brochures, through traditional telecommunication devices, or when using our electronic banking facilities (UCPB Connect and UCPB Mobile Phone Banking) for your inquiries, transactions and other concerns.
Our website collects your personal information when you enroll to our electronic banking facilities (UCPB Connect and UCPB Mobile Phone Banking). The personal information that you submit include:
- UCPB User ID
- Name (First name, middle initial and last name)
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Existing account number/ and its/their account type/s
Our system also records your IP address whenever you access our website.
The Bank also collects images and footages of customers/clients and employees through CCTV cameras located within the Bank’s premises and at ATM sites and other facilities of the Bank.
We assure you that your personal information with us will be held strictly confidential and will be used discreetly and professionally in offering personal and proactive products and services that respond to your diverse needs, advising you about other opportunities, and in addressing your inquiries and concerns. If necessary, this may involve sharing of information about you within the UCPB Group of Companies, its Bancassurance partners and authorized/accredited service providers, as follows:
- United Coconut Planters Bank (UCPB)
- UCPB Leasing and Finance Corporation (ULFC)
- UCPB Savings Bank, Inc. (USB)
- UCPB Securities, Inc. (Cocosec)
- UCPB General Insurance Co., Inc. (UCPBGEN)
- United Coconut Planters Life Assurance Corporation (COCOLIFE)
- UCPB Multi-Purpose Cooperative (UGMC)
We guarantee that your personal information is handled by qualified and duly vetted personnel, and our technical and physical safeguards are within established standards, procedures and protocols.
Records of your personal information are stored and protected in our files and databases in accordance to the retention, storage and protection policies of UCPB that are compliant with applicable banking rules and regulations or as prescribed by law.
The disclosure of your information shall only be done when we have previously informed you through disclosures or agreements, or you have expressly authorized us in writing to do so, or as we are required by law.
In order to protect your information, we follow strict standards of security and confidentiality in safeguarding them. We have implemented appropriate technical, organizational and physical control measures which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Storing your personal information in our database servers protected with firewall and encryption.
- Retention of records containing your personal information are stored in our database as long as necessary, or upon the fulfillment of the declared, specified and legitimate purpose, or as the law oblige the retention.
- Control protocols limiting access to your information only to authorized employees trained for the handling of such.
- Physical security controls to safeguard hard copy documents and hardware containing your data.
- Appropriate disposal or destruction procedures at the end of the established retention period.
We fully respect your rights to privacy as promulgated in the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 — which include:
- Your right to be informed of the personal information we collect and how we process them;
- Your right to object to the processing of your personal data and/or withdraw your consent;
- Your right to access or demand access to view of practically everything that will happen to your personal data;
- Your right to dispute and correct the inaccuracies or errors in our records of your data;
- Your right to suspend or withdraw, order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from our systems;
- Your right to file a complaint and receive compensation for any damages you have sustained;
- Your right to obtain a copy of your personal information that we are processing.
For your queries, requests or issues pertaining to this Privacy Statement, or your personal information, or suspected breaches you may visit any UCPB branch/office most convenient for you, or you may get in touch with our UCPB Customer Relations Center at its 24-hour hotline (632) 811-9111. You may also send in your concerns to:
UCPB Corporate Offices, 7907 Makati Avenue, Makati City, Philippines
eMail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: (632) 811-9784
This Privacy Statement may be modified or amended in keeping with recent laws, rules and regulations, the prevailing market environment and recent technology. We will keep you informed of such updates through the UCPB website at https://www.ucpb.com.